Dares for August 2016
When I was walking into Spooky’s (local pizza place) a week or so back with the fam, I was stopped by someone shouting, “Hey, you!”
I turned to the sound of the “Hey, you.” (I tend to respond to them …)
She, a girl about my age: *makes eye contact* “Do you remember me?”
Me: *recognizes the girl’s face but not her name or where she’s from* “Yes …?”
She: “You’re the girl that ate dirt!”
Me: “Yes.” *sigh* “I am.”
Granted, this is an unusual occurrence, but accepting wild dares is one of things I’m known for wherever I go, so … yeah. I probably have eaten dirt at some point. I remember licking a tree and singing (in front of the entire camp, may I add), but … not the dirt thing. Still, I must have.
Random girls usually remember that sort of thing.
Anyway, what am I trying to say? Well, I have a weakness for dares as long as they’re not life-threatening or just plain stupid. Dares make me accomplish things, like confessing crushes or tree-licking. Granted, neither of those are particularly grand accomplishments, but they were accomplished through dares.
So from now on, I’ll be daring myself to do certain things every month. You guys have to hold me accountable, ok? *imitates Marlin Brando every-so-slightly* No welching allowed.
Anyway, time for the dares for August 2016!
[GASP. This graphic disappeared. Maybe when I switched blogs it just disappeared. Either way, enjoy this graphic-free post.]
You know, the more I look at that picture, the more I realize how beautiful your property is, Bay. 😛
Goals for August 2016
- Read ten books. Yep. I think I’ve read quite a few, so … not a problem.
- But one of those books has to be Persuasion. The plot thickens.
- And another one has to be from your review pile. And I mean it!
- Finish the first draft of Ivy Introspective. BEFORE AUGUST ENDS?!?! Are you joking? I soooo hope you’re joking! You’re not joking? HAVE MERCY, HAVE MERCY!!!
- Finish editing The Lady of the Vineyard. Ok, that’s not so bad. I can do that … maybe-kinda.
- Outline At Her Fingertips. But … but … I don’t do outline!
- Set up blog tour. Finish graphics, get the schedule all set up, and email/otherwise contact participants.
- Post regularly, but keep your posting down to 3 per week at the most. Uh-huh. That’s happening …
- Get better at commenting on other peoples’ blogs. I’m so bad at this. I don’t know why. I can comment all day once it’s in my notifications, but unfortunately reading a post and commenting on it doesn’t work that way … 😉
For Reveries Reviews:
- Post regularly, but keep your posting down to 2 per week at the most. This … is gonna be harder. I have so many reviews to post!
- Move from Blogger to WordPress. Yep. That’ll be happening sooner or later. Probably later. After my birthday when I have little to nothing planned, maybe. It’s gonna take a lot of work.
- Reduce the review pile by at least 5 books. That’s right. You can do it! (*talking to myself* *kinda weird*)
- Reading the Bible. Every. Single. Night. BUT I CAN’T!!! Yes, you can. You like reading the Bible, remember? You always feel better afterwards. BUT I CAN’T!!! WHAT ABOUT NIGHTS WHEN MY FRIENDS ARE HERE OR WHATEVS???!!! IT’LL TOTALLY RUIN MY STREET CRED!!! Your friends are … all Christians, Kell. WHATEVER I JUST CAN’T DO IT!!!
You have been doing it for a while. I mean, not every night, but almost every night.Just get over it!
- Also read the drivers’ thingy every night. And pass the written test on the 12th. Yeah. That’s right. You gonna drive girl!
- At least a couple hours must be driven!
I’ve actually already been driving. Shh, don’t tell
- Do a pushup. *grunting sounds* Accomplished! Exercise for the month is finished! Booyah!
Usually, there’d also be a section where I talk about how well I did at accomplishing last month’s goals, but … I can’t really do that now, can I?
p.s. If you beta-read for The Lady of the Vineyard, would you mind posting a comment below and letting me know? I had a list, but I seem to have lost it, and I can only remember a few people! XD