Introducing Riley and the School-Year Schedule
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of schedules for the ‘new year,’ I’d like you to meet someone. 🙂
Isn’t he adorable? Yeah, I know that isn’t the best picture … I took it on the way home from picking him up yesterday!
Yes, we did get him a couple days early … and even then, he was going to be really young. He’ll be seven weeks this Thursday, so he’s really a baby, but he’s awesome and coping so well! Dad thinks he’s going to be super smart. 🙂
So … you’ve had your fun; you’ve met Riley. It’s time to get down to that aforementioned ‘nitty-gritty.’
I’m not actually sure what ‘nitty-gritty’ means. But … it must mean something important. And a little silly. *nods*
School-Year Schedule Rules
Because if I don’t make myself rules, there will be no order. None. At. All.
- Only three posts per week unless it’s a publishing week or some other major event
(like a blog party … not that that’s ever happening. *whistles innocently*). That’s right! I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep this rule, but I’ll definitely try!
- No less than three posts per week. STOP STOP I CAN’T THE STRUCTURE IS TOO MUCH AAAAAH!!! *dies*
- All posts will be posted on the correct days of the week for their … genre, for lack of a better word. More on that later.
- STOP CHANGING THE THEME! You can change the colors and images as often as once a month, but just leave the stinkin’ theme, Kell! *sobs*
- On another note, only two posts per week on Reveries Reviews. These posts will be on Tuesday and Friday. This is subject to change on publishing weeks or if there is a blog tour going on.
There! I should be able to keep though basic rules, shouldn’t I?
Okay, more on what days will contain what “genres” of posts.
- Mondays: dares, reading updates, blog updates.
- Tuesdays: character interviews, random (blog tags, fun posts, etc.), short stories, serial stories.
- Wednesdays: writing advice, publishing advice (or any other kind of how-to-related posts), historical research.
- Thursdays: author updates, life, spotlights, excerpts.
- Friday: poetry, photography, seasonal.
Just so everyone knows, I’m working on updating my categories at the moment. If you page down on this blog a little, you should be able to find the category cloud on the right sidebar. I’m trying to file all the posts under one or more of those categories.
So if you see a post that could be filed under more categories than it is, or is quite possibly filed under the wrong category, let me know, please! Just comment on one of my blog posts or pages and say, “The post ‘How to eat Cookies’ is filed under ‘salads’ instead of ‘deserts,’ Kell!” and I’ll run and fix it.
As you can see, there are no weekend posts. Why? Because I’m a writer! Writers need time to actually write. I haven’t been giving myself a lot of time for that, now, have I? Well, these things will change.
I can feel it now
These walls that they put up to hold us back
Will fall down …
WHY DO I LIKE THAT SONG SO MUCH!?!?!?!
Two words: Lilli Strauss.
Did you know I actually sing that song about the Abolition when I sing it? I know … my mind is weird … don’t ask. XD Well, actually, ask. That’d be a fun thing to have a comment-discussion about. You know how much I love comments …
Again, moving on. I’ve assembled this little survey (like so many bloggers before me … it’s another of those things that goes around and no one knows who started it … like a blog tag, only less organized, if that’s possible). If you take it, it’s be a huge help. Basically, it’s to determine what’s worthwhile to post on this blog. Although I think I already have a reasonably good idea …
Also, it’s silly and random, if that helps your willingness to take it. 🙂
A Few Blog-Related Updates:
- On September 12th of this year, Reveries will have existed for a year! That’s the last day of the blog tour … I’m trying to think of something special. I guess just me rambling about how many followers and page-views and such I’ve had and how much I love y’all! *makes a face because … that sounded better in my head* Why is it that everything I say sounds creepier once I say it than it did in my head? I must have a clean head and a filthy ear …
- YOU SHOULD BUY THE LADY OF THE VINEYARD!!! It’s only available in Kindle at the moment (pre-order), but … still. Get it. NOW!
- Ah, come on! You didn’t think I was serious! I was being sarcastic … I’m not going to be one of those authors who is like, “BUY MY BOOKS IT ONLY COSTS AS MUCH AS A LATTE!!!” Me: “But … I can’t afford a latte …” XD So don’t buy it! GET YOURSELF A LATTE YOU DESERVE IT YOU SWELL HUMAN BEING YOU!!!
- Oooh, I want to remind you to vote for me! 😛
I am so shameless today … I’ve never been so downright awful before!
What? Those were totally blog updates …
Okay, time to bring this lame post to a close! Don’t forget to
vote for me take the survey! It’s a real help … and yes, all the questions are applicable! Why do you ask?