Plotting Crash Course: The Day Before NaNo and Dares
Okay, let me start out this post with saying I will only be posting sporadically throughout November.
I plan to give you a general update one a week – I’m thinking Mondays or Thursdays. I’m also planning to reblog the two posts I’ll be making on Send the Light (we finally got organized thanks to the efforts of the wonderful Lainey!) during this coming month. Other than that, I’m not planning anything else. I can’t waste time writing blog posts when I’ve got 1,700 words to write every day!
As far as Reveries Reviews, I don’t know. I need to review a lot of books, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the reviews out during November. I know I’m not going to read much if at all during November, so.
I feel incredibly guilty … so many books to review …
Now, before I go on to
ramble talk about the coming November, I’m going to give you a quick update to let you know how I accomplished October’s dares, although October isn’t quite over yet … 😉
- Read two books from your review list. Check! I think I read more than that, actually.
- Finish How to be a Victorian. Kinda. I’ve still got half to go, but I read it already, so …
- Read at least one how-to-write book. Check! I read Outlining Your Novel by K.M. Weiland.
- DON’T YOU DARE GET ANOTHER BOOK FROM THE LIBRARY UNLESS IT’S FOR RESEARCH! Failed a million times! Sarah Sundin’s books are just too good! I literally cried. Oh, wow. I can’t believe it. Such a plot twist! Though maybe it was research … for how to write awesome books … 😉
- Finish Ivy Introspective. Check! Currently in the hands of the alpha readers. Thanks, guys! I can’t wait to hear from you! 🙂
- Lots and lots of research for At Her Fingertips. Check!
- Lots and lots of outlining for At Her Fingertips. Check!
- Write short story. Kinda. I started it, but … didn’t finish it. I just don’t have the muse …
- Get your head right for NaNo. I don’t care how you do it; just do it!
- Become Blogger President! Failed! But Grace is gonna be a great president, so y’all won. 😛
- Post regularly on the subject of At Her Fingertips. Check!
- 180 followers? Check! Current tally is 189. Wow, guys. Thank you so much! 😀
For Reveries Reviews:
- Post twice weekly. Kinda. I did some weeks, but I didn’t other weeks.
- Finish reviewing all the books you read before October. Failed! I got behind in my reviewing, I’m afraid. I’ve decided to stop accepting review requests for a while and try to get through my longish review list before the new year so I can start off with a clean slate. Er, Kindle. Whatever.
- Practice clarinet a lot. Kinda. I practiced one song a lot, and now we’re not playing that song in the concert … so back to square one. 😉
- Start Riley’s training. Kinda. He’s learned some stuff, but I’ve been putting off serious training.
- Actually decide what to call yourself on the new YWP site. Check! RubyBell. <3
So I didn’t do extremely well this month. I blame it on Bailey. XD Yeah, that doesn’t make sense. Why blame your BFF for something completely unrelated to her?
Well. Let’s see. There’s got to be a reason. Oh, I know! She wasn’t here to support me. Mmhmm. I’m sure now that we stayed up together until three o’clock sitting on the bathroom floor of the camp where we were working talking, I’ll accomplish something. 😛
Anyway. Moving on from that wreck of a month, I’m not setting goals for November except this one:
WRITE A BOOK!
NaNoWriMo starts tonight at 12 o’clock A.M. I may not be writing until the morning because, terribly enough, it’s a school day and it may not be a good idea to stay up much past 12. Especially since I have stuff to do in the afternoon
stupid band which means I have to get school done on time if I want any free time at all.
Not that, even if I didn’t have band, I wouldn’t have to get school done on time … but that I can’t get away with it no matter what now. Like, if my mother breaks her leg and can’t force me to do anything, I still have to get school done on time. All because of band. *sobs, screams, etc.*
Today I’ve got a few things to do to get myself set up for NaNo. I need to type up my complete outline and cheat sheet notes on the computer. I’ve already prepared my thumbdrive, clearing it off and putting what notes I have typed up already.
So. What are your last minute NaNo preparations? Are you excited? Nervous? Do you think you’ll make your word count goal? If you’re not doing NaNo, do you intend to read every blog post I make about it, or are you going to stop following me
(please don’t)? Comment, duckies! (Gosh, I love ducks! They’re so funny! But I hate owls. Die owls.)
Dickies! (Duckies are cute!)
You look a heap more accomplished for October than me. ?
I am slightly nervous, I’m not sure if I’ll make my word-count … 40,000 words always seemed a challenge for me.
I know what you mean! I have all kinds of things standing in my way of writing! I’m already frustrated! ??
Oh and by the way… I would NEVER unfollow you!
Ah, thank you! Same here. <3
Well, I thought 40,000 was gonna be super hard for me last year, but I made it! Maybe it’ll be like that for you, too! 🙂
I sure hope so!
Oh, ok. That explains WWII… 😉
Maybe if you break YOUR leg they’ll let you stay home…Or maybe your right hand…
I’m actually doing the real (like 50,000 words, can’t-believe-I-didn’t-start-with-YWP so I could set my own word goal) NaNoWriMo this year!!! I’m super excited and deadly nervous. 😉 My last minute preparations? Figuring out exactly what my climax will be like…and deciding what my hook is. *scared/sheepish grin* Honestly, I’m just letting my BFF tell me I’m gonna make the word count goal and trying not to think about it myself right now. 🙂
Can’t wait to see your new novel, Kellyn!
BFFs always know what they’re talking about; trust her. 😉 Climaxes are so tricky! Most the time mine are awfully ANTIclimatic. :/ Oh, and it’s nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you too!
Haha you’re sweet. 😉 BFFs are awesome. <3 I only hope I can keep up with the 2,000 a day!!!
Climaxes ARE tricky! Especially when you're trying to figure out whether or not your holograms can actually do any physical damage….cuz you kinda need them to somehow be able to. ? lol
I have all kinds of things like that to figure out still! When DID the London Season start? Why did I not look that up before? Am I a little insane? etc. 😉
Haha I think we all ask ourselves that last question! 😉
AAHH! KELL TURNED INTO A TEN MEN! SHE’S CALLING EVERYONE “DUCKIE”! 😉
Congrats on your dares and such. 😀 I have officially started off NaNo with a little over 1,000 words … which is technically all I have to write today because I’m only doing 30k. *shrugs* I’M NOT DEAD YET! That’s a plus! Right! Why are you even reading this? Go write! XD
WOW APPARENTLY YOU’VE READ/WATCHED SOMETHING I HAVEN’T BUT OH NOOOOO!!! XD
I’ve got about 1900 now … so yep. I’m 200 words ahead of schedule, which is good, because I know I’ll only have the muse for the first day … *sigh*
HEY! YOU’VE READ THE MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY TOO, HAVEN’T YOU? COME ON KELL, GIRL! YOU HAVE TO GET MY REFERENCES!
Ooh … congrats … XD
OH MY GOSH YES I HAVE!!! XD Sorry, mental block …
Awesome! I’m so excited that nano has started! What is your username?
It’s Kellyn Roth on the adult site; on the YWP site, it’s RubyBell.
How do you find people on the YWP site? And become writer buddies? I already started my novel! I got up this morning like 10 minutes before it started and wrote for an hour.
They’ve yet to allow buddies on the beta site. 🙁
Oh! Okay.. 😉 Sooo…. Okay.
I know … it’s really disappointing!
🙁 Yeah.. :/ Thanks for telling me though!