December 2016 Dares
Once again we come around to our dares. As I skipped the month of November dare-wise (as all I wanted to do was write At Her Fingertips, which I did succeed at), I have nothing to fill you in on.
That’s right. This month you don’t get to scroll through my post laughing maniacally at all the “Failed” dares.
Oh, that’s not what you do? Ha! As if I’d believe you’re actually a kind person who wouldn’t giggle at another person’s failure!
Actually, I do believe you’re a kind person … at heart. Unless you’re demon-possessed or something. In which case … why are you following me?! AWAY FROM ME DEMON!!!
- Read five books. I don’t think that’s a lot because it’s December and Christmas and who knows how much reading I’ll actually have time for.
- But one of those has to be Ivy Introspective. Ah, well, I was gonna do that anyway … so there!
- Finish A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I’m reading it with my mom, and she’s editing it as we read for literally every kind of content there is to be had. Why do such incredible books (and movies, too) have to be filthy?! Life is unfair … which I suppose is the point of the book …
- Read at least two books for enjoyment purposes only. And they can’t be the three I’m in the middle of right now, either. Yeah … you see, I have three books at the moment … this one, this one, and this one. I’m loving them all. I’m in the middle of this one, going through for the first time, and I’m going to have to read this one and this one again because I read this so fast (they were both so amazing!) that I need to read them again slowly to suck all the awesomeness in. Slowly. Make sense? 😛
- Write a reading update post. More on that later.
- Outline Interpreting Callie James. That’s right. I’ve decided to re-write this little short story, hopefully turning it into a novella-length story. I’m going to do some pretty intense prep before writing (it worked with At Her Fingertips, after all).
- Finish writing Flowers. Before November, I wrote the first few chapters, and I’m picking it up again now. It needs work. I have a lot of ideas swirling around in my head for it.
- Don’t even look at At Her Fingertips. Yeah, fat chance …
- Read through Ivy Introspective, doing some serious revising. You can do it!
- Get back on schedule. That means three posts a week on the pre-ordained subjects.
- Host three guests posts. You can help me with this one!
- Thank your 195 followers. Thanks, guys! Check!
- Get 196 followers. Honestly, I can’t think of anything else to dare myself to do in this area. 😉
For Reveries Reviews:
- Empty the review pile. If I follow #2, I should be able to.
- Write three reviews a week. This is a stretch, but it’s the only way I can make #1 work without chucking reviews off the review pile. So Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Share those reviews here. I want to write a post towards the end of the month sharing what I’ve been reading in 2016. I should probably do that on Reveries Reviews, but … I’m probably going to do it on here. It’s my personal blog containing my personal things. I can do whatever I want to on it. 😉
- Read the Bible every night. I didn’t read the Bible last night, to my eternal shame. *sobs* So … I suppose I’m not
- Pray every night. What?!?!?! How am I supposed to pray with people around? Read the Bible I can do, but I have a sleepover this weekend? Your friends will be cool with it. NO THEY WON’T! IT’LL THROW OF MY GROOVE!!! Your friends are Christians. Besides, praying should be your groove. Whatevs. My carefully-calculated nonchalance in regards to life with be blown!!! You don’t have a carefully-calculated nonchalance. Do, too! Do not. Do, too! Shut up, Common Sense! I don’t need you here! Now, Kell, that’s not nice! Why, Conscience! We haven’t spoken in ages! What’s up? 😛
- Spend some more time with Riley. His unnatural fear of you needs to be conquered … Seriously, though, I was firm with him once, and it shattered his itty bitty heart. I can’t decide whether he’s a wimp or just tender-hearted. 😉
- Spend time with friends. Throughout November, I didn’t see my friends a ton. I saw Sarah and S. Isabell at band practice weekly, and I had a Thanksgiving party where I got to see all of ’em at once (Claire, Sarah, S. Isabell, Bay, and Aimee) for an afternoon. But we haven’t really had time for the deep heart-to-hearts that only come with the lack of sleep, the hunger, the pain, the exhilaration of a sleepover … 😉
Well, that’s all for today, fellas! What are your goals for December?