December 2016 Dares
Once again we come around to our dares. As I skipped the month of November dare-wise (as all I wanted to do was write At Her Fingertips, which I did succeed at), I have nothing to fill you in on.
That’s right. This month you don’t get to scroll through my post laughing maniacally at all the “Failed” dares.
Oh, that’s not what you do? Ha! As if I’d believe you’re actually a kind person who wouldn’t giggle at another person’s failure!
Actually, I do believe you’re a kind person … at heart. Unless you’re demon-possessed or something. In which case … why are you following me?! AWAY FROM ME DEMON!!!
- Read five books. I don’t think that’s a lot because it’s December and Christmas and who knows how much reading I’ll actually have time for.
- But one of those has to be Ivy Introspective. Ah, well, I was gonna do that anyway … so there!
- Finish A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I’m reading it with my mom, and she’s editing it as we read for literally every kind of content there is to be had. Why do such incredible books (and movies, too) have to be filthy?! Life is unfair … which I suppose is the point of the book …
- Read at least two books for enjoyment purposes only. And they can’t be the three I’m in the middle of right now, either. Yeah … you see, I have three books at the moment … this one, this one, and this one. I’m loving them all. I’m in the middle of this one, going through for the first time, and I’m going to have to read this one and this one again because I read this so fast (they were both so amazing!) that I need to read them again slowly to suck all the awesomeness in. Slowly. Make sense? 😛
- Write a reading update post. More on that later.
- Outline Interpreting Callie James. That’s right. I’ve decided to re-write this little short story, hopefully turning it into a novella-length story. I’m going to do some pretty intense prep before writing (it worked with At Her Fingertips, after all).
- Finish writing Flowers. Before November, I wrote the first few chapters, and I’m picking it up again now. It needs work. I have a lot of ideas swirling around in my head for it.
- Don’t even look at At Her Fingertips. Yeah, fat chance …
- Read through Ivy Introspective, doing some serious revising. You can do it!
- Get back on schedule. That means three posts a week on the pre-ordained subjects.
- Host three guests posts. You can help me with this one!
- Thank your 195 followers. Thanks, guys! Check!
- Get 196 followers. Honestly, I can’t think of anything else to dare myself to do in this area. 😉
For Reveries Reviews:
- Empty the review pile. If I follow #2, I should be able to.
- Write three reviews a week. This is a stretch, but it’s the only way I can make #1 work without chucking reviews off the review pile. So Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Share those reviews here. I want to write a post towards the end of the month sharing what I’ve been reading in 2016. I should probably do that on Reveries Reviews, but … I’m probably going to do it on here. It’s my personal blog containing my personal things. I can do whatever I want to on it. 😉
- Read the Bible every night. I didn’t read the Bible last night, to my eternal shame. *sobs* So … I suppose I’m not
- Pray every night. What?!?!?! How am I supposed to pray with people around? Read the Bible I can do, but I have a sleepover this weekend? Your friends will be cool with it. NO THEY WON’T! IT’LL THROW OF MY GROOVE!!! Your friends are Christians. Besides, praying should be your groove. Whatevs. My carefully-calculated nonchalance in regards to life with be blown!!! You don’t have a carefully-calculated nonchalance. Do, too! Do not. Do, too! Shut up, Common Sense! I don’t need you here! Now, Kell, that’s not nice! Why, Conscience! We haven’t spoken in ages! What’s up? 😛
- Spend some more time with Riley. His unnatural fear of you needs to be conquered … Seriously, though, I was firm with him once, and it shattered his itty bitty heart. I can’t decide whether he’s a wimp or just tender-hearted. 😉
- Spend time with friends. Throughout November, I didn’t see my friends a ton. I saw Sarah and S. Isabell at band practice weekly, and I had a Thanksgiving party where I got to see all of ’em at once (Claire, Sarah, S. Isabell, Bay, and Aimee) for an afternoon. But we haven’t really had time for the deep heart-to-hearts that only come with the lack of sleep, the hunger, the pain, the exhilaration of a sleepover … 😉
Well, that’s all for today, fellas! What are your goals for December?
Showing 32 comments
LOLOL! I love getting a dose of laughter from you! XD XD And I loved reading your goals for December! 😀
Ooh, yay! A chance to practice one of my favorite sports: Talking! 😉
My goals for December are…
•Host a successful 1st Christmas card exchange
•Finish Chapter 21 – Sworn to Secrecy in my WIP novel
•Get ahead on blog stuff so I can…
•… Relax more and enjoy Christmas break!
•Make/buy great gifts for family and friends to top last year’s and outdo myself XD
There’s probably more. But I haven’t written them down yet. O.o
Hey, talking is my favorite sport, too! *highfives* Good for you! I need to find presents for my friends/family … but I don’t really have money. :/ I’ll have to work.
*highfives back* Thanks! Yeah, I feel ya. :/ 😛 Making gifts is a ton of fun, though (unless you have a brother who only wants huge LEGO sets for Christmas and literally nothing else XD )!
I have no idea what to get my brothers! I’m clueless with gifts. I don’t even like shopping. XD
LOL! XD Brothers can be challenging gift-wise. As I’m sure you know since you have more brothers than me. XD
Yeah, I have two … well, three, but one’s all grown up. 🙂
Haha, that’s cool! ? No sisters?
Two, actually, but they’re both grown up with kids. 😀
Aw, that’s awesome! 😀
It is pretty cool. I have … four nieces and two nephews I think?
Wow! That sounds fun to have so many nieces and nephews! Crazy at times, I’m sure, but fun. XD
It is crazy! And, of course, I’m sure I could raise them better (mostly because I believe firmly in ‘spare the rod, spoil the child’ while my sisters are more easy-going, I suppose), but overall it’s a lot of fun, yes. 😀
Hahaha, same here! I see parents with their children all the time and when they misbehave I’m like, “Just give ’em a spanking.” XD LOL! 😀
Same! My friend and I have a saying: “A spanked child is a happy child.” And it’s generally true! 😀
That’s a great quote! 😀
Oh my word, Kell, you crack me up(the conscience/common sense thing)!! xD Loved reading your dares!!
YOU SOUND LIKE KUZCO. AND KRONK. xD (From ‘The Emperor’s New Groove)
You got that goal of 196. 😀 Congrats! And also, lol, I feel ya on Riley… My pup Waylon is a MESS like he can be so playful and no matter how much I get on to him… it takes Ma mostly to actually make him feel bad. ;D I gotta work on discipline… ((OMWORD. I write this and he’s sitting at my feet and I hear this sound HE IS SHOVING HIS BONE DOWN HIS THROAT. He’s fine, but Lord help me… )
*SCREAMS* FLOWERS!!!!!! AHH. SOrry. Not really. I am reallyyy loving IvIn, OK- AMAZING. Anyway. Good luck!
YHVH bless and Merry Christmas! (I love your new icon)
That’s what I was going for. 😉 We love the Emperor’s New Groove here … although we haven’t watched in a while because we used to watch it so often!
Riley is a handful. He drags everything he can get his teeth on into the yard and chews it up and barks at the wind and chases chickens … but he’s really a sweetheart. Sometimes. 😉
I’m trying to work on IvIn and Flowers on opposite days. Today’s an IvIn today, tomorrow’s a Flower day, etc. Hopefully it’ll work (I just figured out this system an hour ago, so …)
Merry Christmas! Ooh, the ring (if you can see it)? Yep, rubies are kind of the symbol for the whole ‘world’ of Alice and Ivy … and even the TLOTV world to a certain extent. So I want it to remain that way for a while, obviously. 🙂
Fun dares! I wish you good luck in accomplishing them.
Thank you! 🙂
I love reading your dares! Would it be all right if I could do some dares of my own and post about them? I would give you full credit for the idea, of course! Thanks! Good luck accomplishing your dares!
Of course! Please do … it’s a lot of fun and it helps you accomplish things! 🙂
I love your conversation with Common Sense and Conscience!
Thank you! We don’t speak often (well, Conscience and I do … although I have an awful habit of ignoring her sometimes).
Hehe . . . I, on the other hand, tend to ignore Common Sense. 😉
I just don’t socialize with Common Sense. At all. XD
Good luck with all your goals! 😀 I’m sure you’ll do fabulous! (And would you mind terribly if I stole this idea and used it? I don’t know that I actually will, but it sounds like a lot of fun and I’ll be sure to say were the idea came from, of course! (So I guess it’s not really stealing, hehe… 🙂 )
Yeah, of course, use it! I stole spotlights. Kinda. I mean, I only did it once, but … 😉
Hehe, thanks! And you’re always welcome to steal my blogging ideas (not that I’ve had many of those recently, hehe).