A Lot (and I mean a lot) of Blog Tags
January 2017 Blog Tag Catch-Up Day
Just so you know, I’ll be nominating a lot of people (or as many as I can think of) at the end of this post.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
Okay, so … how did Reveries start? It was only a little over a year ago, so you’d think this would be easy, but it really isn’t!
So … I’d been editing The Dressmaker’s Secret for almost a year by then … well, actually it was more like rewriting. Like, there is practically nothing wasn’t changed but the names of the characters.
Anyway, I’d finally gotten the book to kinda resemble the great literary masterpiece it is today (hahahaha) and so I set a publishing date for January 10th 2016, and I started this blog to write about writing and myself and stuff. *nods*
I noticed that Abigail mentioned why she named her blog what she named it, and I feel like I should explain ‘Reveries’ to you … but I can’t. As you can see, my url is kellynroth.wordpress.com. I do know I came up with ‘Reveries’ after I’d created my blog … but other than that, my memory as to why it’s called what it’s called it very vague. I think I Googled random words or something like that. XD
Okay, so … two pieces of advice to new bloggers … ho-hum. Let’s see.
First, be professional. I’m serious, guys. I know I myself aren’t a very professional blogger (I rarely follow my own advice), but … you should at least try to write legibly.
I’m not saying you have to have perfect grammar/spelling/punctuation all the time (goodness knows I don’t!)… but no one can read your posts unless there’s some level of understandability.
And I don’t mean understandability as in what your BFF can understand, because I can read basically anything Bay types …
This is not a blog post:
catsrgood, o love cats, do u love cats?
I mean, cats are great. I wear them ona admy arms and stuff. arms are good, too imean I have some do u have some arms
I am a cat lover and I wear cats
its my style
so welcome to my style blog
Neither is this:
ohmygosh booooooks!!! Booooks books boks akjasjdgklasjdgklasjdgfklasdjgaskldgjasldkgjaskldgjaskldgja
Okay, now gonan review aljgalkg book
Book was good
wawnt more boooks
So yeah. Be professional.
I’m totally kidding, guys!
But seriously, guys. Be classy, if you can manage it. Being classy is … it’s just a good idea. And sure, millions of people don’t care about class anymore … but that’s their problem, not yours.
My second piece of advice is don’t overwhelm yourself … but push yourself, too. Yes, there is a subtle difference between becoming overwhelmed and pushing yourself.
For instance, are you an unorganized person? Try putting yourself on a schedule. But is that really gonna overwhelm you? To have to post on Mondays instead of any other day of the week or however your schedule goes? If it is … you need medical attention. Or a personality change
(because if they can change everything else, they can change who you are inside, too …).
You need to do amazing stuff … but also have fun with it. It’s a unique balance that even I have yet to obtain. It’ll make you happier, though. I hope.
And that’s about it! Go to the bottom of the post to see who was nominated/tagged.
Thanks for nominating me, Tessa Megan! I really appreciate it! 🙂
- Thank the blogger that nominated you (and a link if you’re willing).
- Nominate 5-10 blogs (links too!).
- Answer the 13 questions given, and give the definition of your favorite (or just beautiful) word.
- Ask 13 questions of your own. They must all be about writing, reading, books or book characters. Make them as creative/wacky/selcouth as can be!
- Post the rules and include the award in your post.
-A Beautiful Word-
the action of throwing someone or something out of a window.
-Tessa Megan’s Questions-
Have you ever published anything you’ve written?
*coughs* Um, no, why do you ask? 😉
How long have you been blogging?
Since September 2015, so a little over a year now.
Who or What inspires you to write?
Dead stuff. (Sorry … couldn’t think of anything …)
What’s your favorite blog?
Seriously? Can’t you see all my readers rising around me and eagerly awaiting my answer, only to find that it’s someone else? There would be a massacre. 😉
I have a lot of blogs I read, but I don’t really have a favorite. I like a lot of different blogs for a lot of different reasons!
What’s your favorite book series?
Hmm … well, I know what my favorite book is, but not really my favorite book series. Can I call Jane Austen’s books a series? They’re all kinda similar … and written by the same author … and are romances … so …? Yes?
Then everything by Jane Austen. XD
Where do you get the ideas for your stories?
Mostly from, you know, swimming pools. And cats. *nods*
Have you ever written a sad story?
*chokes* Yes. *sobs* All my stories are, to some degree, sad stories. I believe in laying on the drama in nice, big, greasy slices. But for stories predominantly sad, you’ll have to look back into my eleven-year-old days when I wrote about horses killing each other and such.
Do you like historical fiction?
The question should be, ‘do you like anything but historical fiction?’ The answer is yes, I do, but I don’t often let it show …
Does listening to music while you write distract you or help you?
Both. It helps me write, but I write random stuff instead of the stuff I meant to write, thereby reversing the positive effects.
Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? And if so, have you ever reached your word-count goal?
Yes, I have. Three times. Yes, yes, and yes. 😛
How do you write? (Computer, by hand, typewriter)
A little of both the computer and by hand. Predominantly computer, although I’ve been writing a lot by hand recently …
How much do you like writing and why?
Very, very, very, very, very much! And why? Um … because I can’t help it, so if I didn’t like it, I’d be constantly miserable …?
- What fictional character are you in love with and why? Would you marry thist fictional character?
- What fictional character is your BFF and why? Would you displace your BFF in real life for this fictional character or not?
- Choose a fictional family to be your own. What place would you play in this family?
- How late have you stayed up reading ‘just one more chapter’ of a book?
- What character do you most resemble from your favorite book/series? Are you likely to do any of the things your favorite character has done?
- Most embarrassing rant about reading/writing you remember making?
- If you could swap places with one author … who would it be and why?
- Would you rather have the characters from your favorite book/series come into your world … or enter the world of your favorite book/series?
- Narnia or Lord of the Rings?
- Is there any movie adaptation of a book that you actually liked?
- Favorite book review blog (if any)?
- Ever gotten into a major argument about a book?
- If you could have a book-related superpower (super-speed reading, book-lifting, etc.) what would it be?
And that’s it! Now, onto the next
Thanks for the tag, Kit!
- Thank the person who tagged you
- Answer their 11 questions
- Tag 11 people
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Do you have a pet? If so, describe them.
I have three pets. Riley, Gidget, and Sparrow. Riley and Gidget are border collies; Sparrow is a cat. I think y’all have mostly seen pictures of them, but … Riley and Gidget are black and white and Sparrow is a black calico. #briefdescriptions
What’s your favorite type of tree?
Don’t like trees unless they’re dead. *shoots baby owls and such* Seriously, though, I like our scrub oaks. They’re ugly, but they smell good. Kinda like wet dirt. XD
What’s your favorite genre to read?
Historical fiction! And classic, if that’s a genre.
What’s your favorite genre to write?
Same as above. 😉
If you write, do you prefer to compose on paper or a computer?
A little of both. I’ve only finished a book on paper once, though, and I’ve finished books on computers multiple times … so yeah.
How long have you been blogging?
A little over a year.
Is it snowing, as you answer this?
It’s not technically ‘snowing,’ per se, but …
Took that this morning. It’s almost above Gidget’s head, and you can see that I really had to plough through it.
What’s your favorite type of music?
Uh … the stuff on my MP3 player is all pretty good. *nods*
Do you knit or crochet?
I knit … sometimes … almost never …
What is a very popular/highly acclaimed book or movie that you just couldn’t like?
Divergent. Just didn’t like it at all. Don’t even know why …
Have you ever had Turkish Delight?
I don’t know; what is it? 😛
-My Sunshiny Questions-
- Do you use a lot of sun-screen in the summer?
- What does the sun do to your skin? Does it tan? Freckle? Burn?
- Thoughts on surf-boarding.
- Do you enjoy swimming?
- Are you good at swimming?
- Ever written a poem about the sun/read a good poem about the sun?
- How do you think the sun views rain?
- How do you think rain views the sun?
- Are you prone to depression during rain and joy during sunshine, or does the weather not effect your spirits?
- Do you believe there’s really a lot more ‘fun in the sun’ than in the rain?
- How likely are you to decorate a room in your (future, perfect) house sun-themed?
This is the last tag … although it’s technically not a tag.
- Write a passage using these items: cloak, dirt, frost
- Write a passage based on this picture.
- Write a passage either incorporating this phrase OR based on this phrase: “I never really loved her.”
As you know, when I do this kind of thing I always end up going all over the place! But I’m gonna do my best to write a neat little short story based on these prompts.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Up and down the pathway between the mighty oaks he paced, up and down, up and down. At last, he heard the horses’ hooves and the rumbling of the carriage wheels approaching. Stepping to the side, he dusted dirt and fallen leaves off his cloak and waited.
The carriage rolled to a stop; the footman at the back jumped down and opened the door. A beautiful dressed women stepped out and smiled at him.
“So, you came. I’ve doubt it this last hour more than once.”
“I shouldn’t have, but I did.”
“You know I never really loved her.”
She shrugged. “Aye, but I won’t be hurt again.”
He nodded, a jerky up-and-down motion that left no room for emotion. “Did you bring the gold?”
“Aye, Lach, I did,” she responded, her Westerlandian accent showing through after all these years. He almost grinned at it, but was more interested in the chest the coachman and footman lifted out of the carriage. It slipped from their grasps and fell to the forest floor, making the satisfying clinking noise of many coins striking together.
“I thank you, my queen,” Lachlan said, reaching for the chest. He easily carried it over to his horse, tethered to a nearby tree, and hoisted it up, tying it down tight. “Goodbye, Eisalynn.”
“That’s … that’s it?” She sounded surprised.
“Aye,” he said, mounting his stallion. He glanced back at her. “Why? Did you expect anythin’ else, woman?”
Queen Eisalynn of Margotti dropped her eyes. “Nay. Didn’t expect it. Not from the likes of you. Hoped for it, but didn’t expect it.”
“Well, what else could you expect from the likes of me? I’ve got the money, and I’ll do the job for you – though not for that king of yours, as the need for this meeting’s made clear.”
Queen Eisalynn pulled herself up to her full height. “Very well. I do hope the job will be done in a timely manner.”
“An assassin needs time to do his work. It’s a delicate business.”
She scowled at him. “Perhaps. But if it takes longer than half a year, I’ll know you’ve lied to me again, and there will be no place for you to hide this time.”
- Lana @ The Music of Words
- Sarah @ Penumbra Reviews
- Angela @ The Peculiar Messenger
- Selene Silver @ Hearth
- Kate @ Once Upon an Ordinary
- Jaylee @ Jaylee Morgan Writes
- Sarah @ Riding for Jesus
- Sarah @ Forever Aspiring Writer
- H.G. Reilly @ Wilted Rose
- Bella @ The Daydreaming Damsel
- Kit @ Come, Rest a While
- Rutvi @ Capturing & Creating
- Clara @ Clara’s Craft Corner
- Allie @ The Depth of My Faith
- Jordan @ Day Thinker, Night Dreamer
- Madison @ Delightful World of Dolls
- Gracie @ Smile and Craft AG
- Mahriya @ My Bookish Life
- MyLittleCorner @ My Little Corner
- Joce @ Write Through the Night
- EVERYONE ELSE!!!
If you were on that list, what does it mean? Well, first off, it means I thought of you … so … there’s that. Although technically I selected all the tagged people randomly (mostly from comments on other random blogs that I clicked on randomly). And no, that’s not creepy … although now y’all are gonna un-follow me ’cause of my creepiness … oh, well. I can just hang out here … alone … talking to myself …
Second, it means that you can choose any or all or some of or none of these tags to participate in. Have fun, happy blogging, and God bless you all. 🙂
p.s. check out this post! It’s a Q&A guest post I did at Riding for Jesus.
p.p.s. due to uploading problems, the third Q&A Vlog won’t be posted until Friday.