June 2017 Dares
GUYS! It’s June! Can you believe it? It’s like … the best month of the year! Besides August, of course. August is da best. #prejudiced
Seriously, though, June marks the end of school and the beginning of summer. I love summer, and I expect a lot to happen in this one. Remember, we’ve got the blog tour (and the accompanying publication, of course, duh), but I’m also having my sixteenth birthday and when you turn sixteen, exciting stuff happens. #driving
Also, I’m probably getting horse riding lessons this summer (AAAAAAAAAAAH! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!!), and I’m volunteering a local museum as a docent. #showingpeoplearound #lotsahashtags #idontknowwhy
Anyway, onto the dares! Well, the May recap, buuuuuut …
Looing Back At May …
Finish up IvIn and TDS.
Weeeell, I guess I just finished with TDS. I’ve now submitted it for review on Createspace so I can get my proof copies. I’m still doing my pre-proof-copy proofs on IvIn. #complicated #authorproblems
Cook dinner for my family at least once.
*whole family rolls eyes*
Okay, so it was just a pasta salad, but … some people practically live on pasta salad. True story. *nods convincingly*
Set up signups for the blog tours for IvIn and TDS.
Actually, you should sign up. Now. (What? Soon-to-be-published authors get pushy. Even if this is their second tour …)
I’ve had nineteen people sign up as of yet. I’d like a few more. There’s no one signed up for the 25th at all, either. *worries*
Read. The. Bible.
*sobs* THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER TO FAIL AT! Guys, I’m horrible at Christianing. I mean it.
Practice clarinet. Every. Single. Day.
Okay, so I did practice a lot more (and the concert went well, by the way), but … I didn’t practice every day. So, yeah.
Be a consistent, professional, and fun blogger.
IDK. ( XD )
You can be the judge of that.
I didn’t take too many because, like I said, my camera is broken.
Stop talking to yourself.
Sorry, guys! I just ain’t happening … if anything, it’s increased.
And then I did some reading …
Seventeen! *is on fire* Sooo … I finished Child of the Sea (which I’ve been reading forever) and The 39 Steps and The Scarlet Pimpernel. So this was a good month for classic-reading. You can also see A Tale of Two Cities, though I technically haven’t finished it. But I’m calling it a May read. *shrugs*
Other Stuff that Happened in May
- My mom’s birthday. I can’t say how old she is, though. 😉
- My niece’s birthday. She’s six. Just like Judy …
- Soccer games with the homeschool group. So much fun!
- Friends over for a day at the creek and just hanging out. Again, fun!
- Dissected a worm, a crayfish, a fish, and a frog. Most fun I’ve had in years. 😛
- Band concerting. Actually, we had two concerts. Both were fairly well-done, though the second one definitely went off better. I play the clarinet. I’m gonna start saxophone again, though. So that’s exciting.
- The cover reveal.
- School ended! YAYAYAYAY!
June is upon us! RUN OR BE SUMMERED!
(Note: I’m returning to my old dares format to a certain extent. The old one just gave me too much freedom to be lazy and do less daring and more lazy…ing.)
- Read fifteen books. It’s totally possible. I’ve done it before. I’ll do it again.
*pulls out a bunch of picture books*
- Two must be classics. That’s right, two! #classicallyminded #isdying #deathbydare
- Three must be review copies. Because I need to catch up sooo bad, guys!
- Five must be from your summer reading list. Which I have one of. Probably will be sharing it on Reveries Reviews eventually.
- Two must be to-be-read books. TBR books are books that I want to read for fun that are on my TBR. They’re almost always historical romances. #complicated #makessensetomeonly
- Publish TDS and IvIn. Seems pretty simple … #daresclaimmorevictims
- Write up to 35K of Once a Stratton. I mean, I’ll just be publishing, right? So I should have a little time for writing, right? #intheory #intheoryneverworks #whowillputthebellaroundthecatsneck? (Points if you get the reference!)
- Brainstorm for a Snow White retelling. I’m considering entering the Rooglewood Press fairytale contest. So yep.
- Organize my snippets, plot bunnies, and other to-be-writtens. This really something that needs to be done …
- Outline that story I’m not telling my readers about yet. *is mysterious* But seriously, I don’t know how long I’ll be able to keep it a secret …
- Be an awesome blog tour host. *fistpumps*
- Get 400 followers. What? That’d only be 75 entire people. *realizes that crazy* *hides in fear* *falls into the abyss* *is wearing a jetpack*
- Keep working on graphics. #causeitneverstops #somuchtolearn
- Keep up with commenting. It’s sooo hard, ’cause you miss a couple days and then there’s like fifty blog posts to read … it’s overwhelming, frankly.
- Talk about myself less. I mean, this month I’m going to have a blog tour when basically all I do is talk about myself, but the rest of the time, I want to be less focused on me, me, me!
- Participate in life more. #becausethatswhatlifedaresareabout My imaginary worlds are more than lovely, but I sometimes need to peek out of them. The time to do that is in June!
- Knit, embroider, bake, play the piano, and hike on the place. I love to do these things, and I don’t anymore! I don’t know why, but it’s time to start again.
- Practice my clarinet, saxophone, and guitar. BECAUSE I JUST NEED TO!
- Visit my grandparents at least thrice. Or more. More would be better …
- Ride my bike at least four times a week. Because my out-of-shape-ness disgusts me. And I just enjoy it. And it will (hopefully) make me feel like an amazing person. #falsesenseofcoolness #verificationfromworldlystuff #thatwasstupid
Well, that’s it! Thanks for reading!
Bloglovin’ · Pinterest · Facebook
What do you think of my dares for this month? Do you have any “dares” for yourself? Are you partial to June? What’s your favorite month of the year? Does that correspond with your birthday month?
I’M SO EXCITED FOR JUNE BECAUSE IT’S ACTUALLY SUMMER WHOOP WHOOPPPPPPP. I’m going to Canada at the end of the month, which will be fun! My wrap-up will hopefully be up soon, with ma goals in it. I’m also really excited for summer dance classes, though I don’t know why??? Dance is tiring. XD
Also, just wanted to let you know that I can actually take Wednesday the 28th for your blog tour (it’ll be a scheduled post because #vacay). But if that messes up what you already have, you can keep whatever date(s) I had??? (What were they again…?)
Ooh, Canada! Cool. I’ve never been out of the country. I’ve been in several states, but never out of the country. Hope you have a great time! I don’t dance (I’m so terrible at it, May! Like, no kidding … I really suck at it!), so yep. I don’t know why you’re excited for it either. 😉
Okay, I’ll write that down somewhere. I haven’t really finalized the dates yet, so that should be easy to change. *shrugs*
You’ve never been out of country? Hmm! I’ve been to Thailand five times haha #family.
Nope. I’ve been to Washington, Idaho, California, Georgia, and Florida, and I’ve been on the border of Canada and the USA, but I don’t think I’ve actually left the country.
WOW! I’ve only been to New Mexico and Colorado and Florida… wait, and New York and DC. Okay I’ve been more places in America than I thought. XD
D.C. and New York!? Ah, lucky! We don’t really do long vacations … we pretty much stay in the state. :/
I love your dares! I wish I could do something like this on my blog, but the way things are going, I don’t know if I would be able to actually get anything done. XD
My favorite month is May, because in Alaska (where I’m from) it is usually really nice, but lately it has been windy and rainy a lot, so that’s frustrating. My birthday is January 3, and that is like THE WORST day to have a birthday, especially up here, because all my friends are either A: still away on vacation for Christmas, B: sick with a cold, C: too partied out already from New Years and everything else to come to my birthday, and D: too scared/depressed to leave their houses because of it is freaking -30 below zero degrees and the wind chill makes it feel like -50. So….yeah my birthday month is NOT my favorite month! XD
And OMG I looked up the Rooglewood Press contest and it looks AMAZING. It sounds like SO MUCH FUN you should totally do it! I really really really want to do it too. Maybe I’ll do it if you do it? 😉
Well, maybe the dares would help you get stuff done! They sure help me get stuff done … 🙂
Oh, sorry! Well, maybe you could celebrate your party late, haha. My friends have done that a couple times … my friend has a February birthday and was too busy to do it that month, so she waited until … it was months later. But it was fun to celebrate her birthday even if she’d been 17 for months.
You should! It looks like so much fun … I think I’m gonna go for it! I mean, I’ve always liked fairytale retellings … so … 😀
Hi Heather! What my sister does (whose birthday is in the same month as yours) is celebrate her half birthday which is in July! It’s much more fun that way and definitely not as cold!
– Megan Joy
You’re getting horseback riding lessons! I’m so excited for you and so jealous! Are you going to do English or Western? I cleaned ten horse stalls a week in exchange for riding lessons up until a few months ago.
Also, the writing contest sounds so awesome! The prizes are pretty good, too! I would love to do it, but I’ve got at least seven stories I need to finish before beginning another!
– Megan Joy
I know, it’s so exciting! I think Western, though I might have an opportunity to do English, too. 🙂
I have three stories I need to finish before beginning another … but technically they can wait so I decided to follow a plot bunny just this once. 🙂
OH MY GOODNESS ALL THE HASHTAGS
KELL, YOU NEED TO STOP THIS
ALSOOO YOU KNIT? WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS?
I MEAN, I’VE ONLY KNITTED ONCE BUT I DO CROCHET.
ANDDD I SHOULD BIKE MORE TOO
AND BAKE….YUM YUM YUM
OOH I’VE THOUGHT ABOUT ENTERING THAT CONTEST BUT EHHH SNOW WHITE DOESN’T DO IT FOR ME (RAPUNZEL, ON THE OTHER HAND, I’VE HAD LIKE…3 IDEAS FOR.)
ALSO I DON’T KNOW WHY I’M WRITING IN ALL CAPS
BUT I STARTED
AND I DON’T THINK I CAN STOP
OKAY SEE YAAAA
I KNOW TOO MANY HASHTAGS! *facepalm*
Yeah, I knit. Well, not so much in recent years, but yep.
I’m personally a big fan of the Snow White story, so yep … I’m excited to get working on this. Although some of my ideas are crazy. XD
HAHA IT’S OKAY
I’M TEMPTED TO USE HASHTAGS MYSELF, AT TIMES.
That’s awesome! What kind of projects do you like to knit?
Yay, I’m glad it’s a good inspiration for you! 😀 I was looking at it and read through the original, and…I really love the first sentence. But other than that, I’ve got nothing on what to make it twisty. So…it probably won’t be happening, although I do want to enter in contests and stuff. Have you decided on one idea (or a few) that you’re planning on going with yet?
#temptedtousehashtags ??? 😉
Scarves, mostly. XD Okay, that’s a lie … I did slippers and hats and purses and stuff. But it’s true that I did make a lot of scarves …
Yes, I’ve pretty much decided what I want to go with. I’m essentially making the evil queen good … which may not turn out well because #maleficent #hashtagsagain #evilhashtags
Slippers and hats and purses and scarves! That’s awesome! I think I would get bored with the scarves, though, hehe…
Oooh, that sounds fun! I’m excited to see where you go with that! 😀 (But Maleficent was awesome! Why would that mean it wouldn’t turn out well? #triestoignorehashtags)
#oftentimessorelytemptedto# (I’m not sure that’s legal …
Well, quite honestly, scarves were easy and I was lazy and … voila! Fifty scarves! XD Okay, maybe not FIFTY, but … it felt like it sometimes …
Weeeell, I don’t want to steal whoever made up Maleficent’s idea … though yes, it was an amazing movie. I loved it. But I don’t want to copy it … at least not too closely … 😉
Cool dares! I hope you get them done. 😀 I’m so excited for June (because it’s gonna be my birrrrthhhhdaaaaayyyy!! YAY) 😛
P.S Could I have a link to that contest? Perhaps you’ll have some competition. 😉
Aw, cool, happy birthday! 🙂
Here’s the link: http://www.rooglewoodpress.com/writing-contest
Hehe thanks, Kell! 🙂