June Wrapup + Hiatus
Wowza … July already? I know I’ve said this practically every month, but time flies. Time is like the jet plane of flying. I dislike time mightily …
I feel like I didn’t do a lot in June, but I did publish two books. So that includes a lot of formatting and sweat and blood and such. #NoBloodNoGutsNoGame #OrNoBook*
Anyways, let’s move on! Well, actually, we’re moving back ’cause we’re reviewing June. Which reminds me of how much reviewing I need to do. *shivers*
*My friend Bailey told me that I need to capitalize the first letter of #hashtags with more than one word so it’s easier to read. Like #IDontKnowWhyImHashtagging But no punctuation. ‘Cause even I won’t break that rule …
|June is Gone?|
(The answer to that question would be, “Yes. Yes, it is.”)
Let’s review our June Dares.
- Read fifteen books. Check! I read seventeen if you count TDS. I also read IvIn through twice.
- .Two must be classics. Failed. Unless you want to count When Hope Springs New as a classic (I thought not …), I didn’t even attempt to read a classic. BUT I SHALL! SOON! I’m in the middle of three, actually – Northanger Abbey (whoever thinks this is not equal to the rest of Austen’s works is crazy!), Uncle Tom’s Cabin (really boring so far; I wonder if it’s only popular because it’s groundbreaking …), and North and South (though I’ve been reading this since … I don’t know … ten years ago?).
- Three must be review copies. Kinda. I could count The Whimsicals, A Place Called Lonesome, and A Question of Courage as review copies. Technically I was alpha-reading aQoC …
- Five must be from your summer reading list. Failed. I read The Elite, which was on my summer reading list. And I think that’s the only one …
- Two must be to-be-read books. Check! An Uncommon Courtship, The Lost Heiress, When Hope Springs New, To the Farthest Shores, It Happened at the Fair, After a Fashion, All in Good Time, and A Lady of Esteem were all to-be-read books … XD
- Publish TDS and IvIn. Check! I actually succeeded at something, guys! *dancing*
- Write up to 35K of Once a Stratton. Failed. I’m only at 30K now, I think …
- Brainstorm for a Snow White retelling. Check! I think I’ve got a pretty good idea where I want it to go.
- Organize my snippets, plot bunnies, and other to-be-writtens. Check! I got a binder now … it’s pwetty. *goofy grin*
- Outline that story I’m not telling my readers about yet. Failed. Well. I guess you still won’t be told, then … 😛
- Be an awesome blog tour host. Check! Well, I’m going to say I accomplished this, anyway … XD
- Get 400 followers. Failed. I think I have 340-something? But still, substantial gain (for me).
- Keep working on graphics. Kinda. I spent a little time fooling with PicMonkey (free trial; I’ll probably never use it again). I also made a cover. (see below)
- Keep up with commenting. It’s sooo hard, ’cause you miss a couple days and then there’s like fifty blog posts to read … it’s overwhelming, frankly.
- Talk about myself less. I mean, this month I’m going to have a blog tour when basically all I do is talk about myself, but the rest of the time, I want to be less focused on me, me, me!
- Participate in life more. Failed. I think I participated in life less? Probably? I mean, if you judge by my other life dares …
- Knit, embroider, bake, play the piano, and hike on the place. Failed. Never did any of this. I mean, I played the piano and baked some …
- Practice my clarinet, saxophone, and guitar. Failed. This is pitiful.
- Visit my grandparents at least thrice. Failed. I don’t think I’ve seen them since May … maybe longer … (Update: I saw them earlier this week! It was awesome! We watched The Paradise and ate snickers. I love my grandparents.)
- Ride my bike at least four times a week. Failed. I. Didn’t. Ride. My. Bike. Once. I didn’t even get it out. Seriously.
Anyways, there will be no July Dares because … I’m going on a hiatus! That’s right. The pressures of life were too much for this struggling authoress … *wipes brow*
Seriously, though, I am in trouble with my parents for not washing a Tupperware container* (#irishtemper) and so … yeah. *shrugs* I have limited access to computers for the time being, and I decided it would be a good idea to take a break from blogging.
I don’t know why I’m so dang honest with you … any other blogger would have lied her heart out to avoid admitting that her parents took away her computer. I hope you appreciate this. *glares down those who don’t appreciate my painful honesty*
*Yes. Yes, there was more to it than that … but that’s the simple explanation. The simple, confusing explanation.
Although I will be physically capable of blogging sooner, I’m taking a break until the end of August. I may occasionally blog before then, but I doubt it.
I will, however, be posting occasionally on Reveries Reviews.
What will I be doing on hiatus?
Writing Once a Stratton and Adae. And maybe Interpreting Callie James.
Revising At Her Fingertips (although it doesn’t need revisions so much as major edits).
Reading books. #summerreadinglist
awesome stupendous wonderful fantasticAMAZING.
Life stuff. ‘Cause that’s important, too. (But yes, I am attempting much life! Life hard! Kell not want to do life!)
So yes. Much busyness. *nods*
See ya when I see ya!
What did you do in June? What are your plans for July (and August, while you’re at it)? Are you doing Camp NaNoWriMo? How’s your summer been? Most importantly, as my friend Bailey would put it, how’s life? (And if you answer “good,” she will attack you. Trust me. She’s good with knives … #insidejoke) Do you forgive me for not being here during this tragic time of your life? What are your thoughts on my honesty?