Money + Plans for Money + Other Stuff
I was just thinking along, minding my own business, when suddenly, it hit me.
I’m going into my last year of school.
After I’m finished, I intend to get a job, save money, and take some community college courses for the first year. And … those are honestly my only plans.
I mean, I want to be an English lit teacher, assuming some amazing guy doesn’t walk into my life (magically) before then, but … I’m not 100% sure that’s really what I want to do with my life.
There are so many options nowadays. Sometimes I wish I were Alice, heading off to her Season, with only one thing she could possibly do – marry. And I don’t in any way think women – or anyone – should be forced to do something they don’t want to do … but in my case, I really want to get married, so …? Nobody’s forcing me. *coughs*
Maybe I can switch places with a debutante who wants to be, I don’t know, a lawyer.
And you know what? It stinks that I pay less attention to real life than to my secondary blog.
All jokes aside, I’ve decided I need to start being serious about saving money for college and other things. I don’t intend to leave my home right away (I have a pink bedroom; what more could a girl want?), but … I feel like I need a game plan.
I’m big into game plans*. I recently put one together for my other blog, Reveries Reviews. This basically consists of updating it and posting something other than reviews**, but at least it is a plan.
*even though I never follow them …
**Which is a bad idea for any book blog, to be honest. Boooorrrrrriiiiiinnnnngggg!!!
So what now?
(haha, WE! Oddly enough, we’ve kinda missed we …) already said that we needs a game plan. What’s the game plan gonna be?
Here are some awesome
(ha …) steps to the game plan.
1: Spend less money.
This is the obvious one. Although, before this month, we haven’t really bought anything since Christmas? Most birthday presents came out of we’s allowance. XD
2: Earn some money.
We’re going to be working at a coffee/deli for a weekend (25th, 26th, and 27th), but we need to find a way to put away a little more money semi-consistently. We know we probably won’t be working until 2018 at the earliest, at least not at the job we have in mind, so yep, we need to find a different way.
This is the hardest one.
3: Actually budget.
We hate the very idea of budgeting. We’ve always been very relaxed about money and spending money in general, mostly because we don’t care, and, since we don’t have any expenses, we don’t have a reason to care.
But now we need to develop a budget and stick to it. (Although … honestly, if we wanted, we could not spend money except for Christmas and birthday presents? This thing with actually buying stuff is new to we. Normally we’d just not buy anything …)
4: Figure out if you actually need to do any of this.
Like we said, we’s backup plan (unless Handsome Princess + White Charger shows up) is to go to college, but … the Backup Plan doesn’t necessarily have to be put into swing? We could work for a little longer. We don’t see a need to go to college anytime soon, and we is fine with not schooling anymore than we have to.
Soooo … all this may be null and void? We’re not sure. We don’t think college is necessarily in the stars for we, and if it’s not, we’re essentially saving for the point when we’s parents lose their fortune and can no longer support we.
We feel like we’ll probably get married before they kick we out.
*We don’t know any boys now, and we’re not particularly interested in them, soooo …? We don’t even have the slightest desire to date. It seems like all we’s goals are attacking each other. WHY IS IT THAT WE HAVE TO BE ALL UNMODERN AND NOT REALLY WANT A NICE NORMAL EASY CAREER THAT WE CAN JUST GET IF WE WORK HARD ENOUGH?!?!
There. We have now discussed something so personal that we is incredibly afraid to push publish. We may not. We’ll see how this post goes later on. *mysterious waving sounds*
Back to me. Like, away from we. *glares at we for invading*
|A Couple Updates|
- Finally submitted Part 2 of Quiet! You can read more about that here. I also finished Part 3 and am working on Part 4. I don’t know how many parts there will be. I need to re-outline, as I’ve taken the story in a new direction.
- Added a couple of my books to Goodreads. At Her Fingertips and Quiet are both add-able now. If you want to mark them as to-read, I won’t stop you … 😉
- I’m working on actually blogging! Both at Reveries Reviews (as I mentioned earlier) and Reveries itself. We’re back to our normal schedule, and some fun posts are coming up, so … OPEN THY INBOXES TO MINE AMAZING POSTS, PEASANT.
- And I’m writing! Last night, I randomly outlined a new book (it’s called Sail Away), but I’m really going to stop going off on rabbit trails. I mean it. I need to work on my Snow White retelling and Once a Stratton (as well as Flowers and Quiet and At Her Fingertips … okay, forget what I said earlier about rabbit trails …). I am writing, though. Just not all on the same book.
- I’ve fallen in love with cover designing. I downloaded a free template from Wordquill, and now I’m hooked. I CAN’T STOP MYSELF AAAH!
- I have a lot of stuff coming up. This includes, but is not limited to, working at a coffee shop at the fair, a dentist appointment, my parents’ anniversary, and my sister visiting from California. Sooo … busy rest of the month? Hopefully I’ll be able to wedge my other goals in there somewhere.
Now, I’m going to leave you for now. I’ll be back next Saturday with something more interesting. However, I felt I needed to ease back into blogging with something boring, sooo???
See you Saturday!
Arrivederci! (I have no idea what ‘Arrivederci!’ means …)
Did you enjoy my update? How about ‘we’? Do y’all remember we? What are your plans for the last few days of summer? How’s your writing/blogging/life stuff going?