December 2017 Dares
HELLO FRIENDS. Long time, no see! Well, okay, it’s only been a couple days since Wednesday, but lots has happened, and I’m more than ready to get back to our regularly scheduled programming!
This month we have some great dares for you (all taken from my extremely long to-do list, haha … NaNo is all-consuming, like I said!). And … we also have a lot of updates. And some plans for the coming months. Though I’m trying to make this post super short so you can skim it and then next week we’ll have #awesome again.
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?
December 2017 Dares
- Read three review copies. I feel like this is going to be easier because I’ve made it a point to only accept amazing ARCs. 😛
- Finish all those random books in your closet. I now have several paperbacks in my closet that aren’t getting read, and it’s vaguely disturbing because I have never done that before. AM I BECOMING A BOOKWORM??? *is so excited*
- BETA-READ THE BOOK YOU PROMISED TO BETA-READ. (What? That’s reading, too!)
- Edit & publish Flowers. Yep, I’ve been promising to do that for a while. I set a date for the 13th, but I’m not sure if that will happen.
- Get through At Her Fingertips twice. #mustdo I’m editing it on my Kindle now (UGHHHH SO MUCH DIALOGUE SO LITTLE EVERYTHING ELSE)
- Make those formatting changes for TDS and IvIn. I asked Willowy Whisper, my designer, to redo the back covers on TDS and IvIn to add in my new website URL, and I’m going to fix a couple indents that got messed up when I update them.
- Write a Christmas short story. Just ’cause. 🙂
- Participate in the 12 Days of Christmas party! This is gonna be fun! (Also, it will take over Reveries for a couple weeks, but that’s okay; y’all don’t mind, right?)
- Actually put out some quality posts that aren’t published at ten o’ clock at night. *coughs guiltily*
- And do some reviewing and such on RR. I AM SO BEHIND HEEEEELLLLPPP.
- Clean my fish’s bowl. Yeah … it’s been a while … *fish is probably dying*
- Practice my clarinet and saxophone. Even after the concert. I NEED THIS.
- Work with Aubrey. She’s sweet, but I can’t spoil her anymore. I need to really start cracking down on that little ball of fluff.
- Visit my grandparents – at least a couple times. *is a terrible granddaughter* Like, the only two people on earth who think I’m a goddess, and I don’t go visit them anymore. *drops anvils on my head*
- Christmas shopping! I hate shopping. But oh well … it’s gotta happen sometime.
And … this year was a crazy NaNo indeed! I made my goal of 50,000 words on November 25th and finished the entire book about fifteen minutes after midnight December 1st at just under 72K.
Words written from November 1st to November 30th come to a grand total of 71,588!
That is the longest novel I have ever written, and the most words I’ve ever written in a month! I also topped my previous most-words-in-a-day record with 10,358 written on November 30th, 2017.
If you’d like to know anything more about my stats, you can check them out here. You should also be able to find a summary of Beyond Her Calling as well as a brief excerpt.
I’m going to return to At Her Fingertips and get it revised and edited so I can hand it off to beta-readers sometime in February. (Stay tuned for that!) I’m considering asking an editor to work with me on At Her Fingertips, though there are a lot of things to consider before I commit.
What will I be writing next, though? Well … you’ll have to wait and see. (e.g. I DON’T KNOW HELP???)
I’m also planning on releasing Flowers sometime in December (as I mentioned before). However, I still haven’t (working with Victoria Lynn this time), and it needs some more editing-work, so … yep. Not sure what’s going to happen.
And … it is Sunday for some of y’all, and it’s past 10:30 here, so I think it’s time to call it quits! But … I will see y’all back Wednesday! *highfives all around*
Until next week,
Do you think I’ll accomplish my goals this month? (I’m actually surprisingly optimistic!) What are you doing now that NaNo is over? Do you feel a little lost? (I do!
*waves hand wildly to get attention of people who will tell me what to do now that my life is over*) What are your December plans? (I’m actually mainly enjoying Christmas! JESUS IS COMING. I mean, He already came, but yep … we’re celebrating Him coming!) AND … most important of all … WHAT IF YOUR FAVORITE BEVERAGE TO DRINK IN WINTER? Mine is cold hot cocoa. You heard me.