Alice Unanswered? What’s that all about?
What? I have a sudden and inexplicable desire to tell you about this book! I mean, people have been asking (oh, shush, they have
*pretends I have fans* *doesn’t have fans*) about Alice Unanswered, and so here goes!
I actually do have a reason for posting this right now. I hit 25K with Alice Unanswered! Now, granted, I haven’t typed it all up yet … but knowing that I have 25K is very comforting. Even if I’m not sure of the exact number.
And so … yes, I am completing turning over my plans for this year in which I wasn’t going to start writing AlUn until April. Right now, this book is begging to be written … and who am I to refuse?
(terribly terrible) Blurb
Alice [Last Name] struggles with her new life in [place where she lives once she’s married]. Though she loves her husband – and, as she gets to know them, his family – she still has many worries as to her new lifestyle as a married woman in a new [place].
Even as the excitement eases and Alice finds it easier to imagine her days continuing this way for the rest of her life, she still has one last prayer. But it seems God is just ignoring her.
To Alice, contentment lies within boundaries she has already set in her life. How can she be happy if God doesn’t give her what she wants?
Why am I being so mysterious?
Well, because this book takes place during Alice’s married life, I have to be very careful not to reveal who her husband is! (I know some of you have a pretty good guesses, but it would still be a major spoiler.)
And … until y’all read At Her Fingertips (in which Alice becomes engaged to said husband), I don’t want to risk y’all finding out!
Hence, the mystery.
Here’s what I can tell you:
- Alice always gives in to the men in her life.
- Her father, various men during At Her Fingertips, and now her husband.
- I just now had this revelation, so I’m super excited!
- At the same time, Alice has issues with needing to be in control.
- She needs her plans to work or she can’t function.
- Her past is so messed-up, poor baby.
- I’m getting to write about various things I’ve researched and thought about in the past!
- But I can’t say what, ’cause spoilers! 😛
- This book is going to break your heart, hopefully.
- My best friend moaned aloud when I was reading a certain section to her.
- (Granted, she has a mild phobia of the subject matter, but STILL.) (So proud of myself …)
And … that is all! Sometimes we need a very brief post, you see. It gives texture and flavor to the blog! (Okay, that makes no sense, but you know what I mean!)
So … are you excited for this novel? Or are you groaning because I’m dragging this stupid series on for too long?
Are you excited to get back to actual posts?