Guess who totally forgot about her monthly dares until just now? (I’ll give you a hint: it wasn’t you.)
It has been a very busy month thus far, between setting up Reveries Co., editing, writing, and planning (lottttsss of planning!), and some things have just slipped through the cracks!
However, here I am with my dares post! Yay! Now we can truly be in September!
August 2018 Dares
- Get through at least most of your review copies. Failed.
- Eh. No.
- Look, I read like … one and a half.
- Reading has not been a priority.
- Don’t accept any more review copies. Check.
- Well. Only just the one. ?
- I’m bad at this.
- Catch up on your own alpha/beta projects. Ehhhhhh …
- Okay, so, I am mostly caught up with one, not at all caught up with another, and finished with a different one.
- I’m done some critiquing through YWW, too.
Books Read …
I was … busy.
The books I did read were awesome, though! How to Market a Book was of course quite excellent and info packed, A Place in His Heart was a cool and unique story, From the Distance was also great, and so was The Memory Tree (in a different way).
(And Goldfish Secrets was fantastic, too!)
- Get through the first half of Beyond Her Calling‘s betas! Check!
- YAY! Something more than accomplished!
- Finish my last edits and proofreads of Once a Stratton. Check!
- Well, I did finish … then …
- I still need to go through it one more time.
- Finish Before a Fall. Failed.
- I really lost my inspiration for this story.
- Guest post at least three times. Failed.
- Yeahhhh …
- Put out quality posts thrice a week. Kinda.
- I did most of the time …
- Read the Bible. Kinda.
- I did most of the time, a’right, mate?
- This is a hard thing to remember to do …
- ATTEND A WRITER’S CONFERENCE! Check!
- Hey, look, I did something!
What’s happened since my last dares post?
- Climbed a mountain.
- It was cool.
Lottttssss of kittens.
- Right now we have five cats (Sinatra, Sparrow, and the three littles).
- They’re so adorable! I want to keep them all …
- Got the idea of the eighth and now it’s a business plan and over twenty people have applied for a position.
- Cool, right?
The conference, obviously.
- More here.
These blog posts
September 2018 Dares
- More ARCs.
- More Not Getting ARCs.
- Less Delaying.
- I mean, yup!
- Complete Beyond Her Calling‘s second to last edits.
- That means getting it to the editor.
- Finish the first draft of the Souls Astray‘s outline.
- Start-to-finish, “this is what is happening here” stuff.
- And maybe figuring out Adele some more. #hashandrehash
- Do one last polish of Once a Stratton.
- Okay, really, I can do this!
- Be consistent.
- I really cannot handle more this month, haha.
Also, I have over 900 followers now! Yay!
- That’s a good goal, right?
What Will Be Happening in September?
Er … lots of things which … already happened?
- Look. I have a busy life.
- So yes, we are more than halfway through
ME NOT DOING SCHOOL.
- YOU ALL HAVE SUCKY LIVES!
- ENJOY YOUR SLAVERY!
AWANAs, band, etc.
- All the good things!
- Working five days a week for the first time.
- (Part time, but whatever.)
Now, I do apologize for this post being so brief. However, at this point I have 6 million things to do … so I’d better get on those!
I do realize I’m seventeen days late. Shame on me! I really suck at remembering what to post when. ? I do have a schedule, but eh. Gets forgotten.
What did you do in August? ? Or September; either way. What are your goals for the rest of this month? Is there anything you just have to finish before October?