May 2020 Wrapup & Summer 2020 Dares
Welcome to June! Can you believe it? I know I’m struggling to comprehend the fact that … IT IS SUMMER 2020!
This year is going so fast, and I can’t seem to keep a grasp on it.
So, ladies and germs, I have nothing to say that I haven’t said every month (they’re sort of flowing together at this point, aren’t they?), so let’s get right into the meat of it!
MAY 2020 DARES WRAPUP
- Actually get Ivy Introspective to my editor. Check!
- I did it!
- Practice my instruments more than a few times. Failed.
- … no. Sorry.
- Post consistently on Reveries Co.’s blog and social media. Check!
- I did! Yay!
- Check them out here.
- Read three (3) books. Check!
- My Goodreads shelf is here, though I didn’t include most of the rereads I did.
- Brainstorm, outline, and begin rewrites on Beyond Her Calling. Kinda.
- I actually didn’t really get to this, though I did a lot of brainstorming and got started on the outlining. I worked on other projects instead.
So … I got some things done! Yay!
THINGS THAT HAPPENED
- Honestly, it’s all a blur. I know my mom had a birthday – and there was Mother’s Day – and I did quite a lot.
- Otherwise? It all blends together with March and April. One fast blur of similarity.
- There were a lot of blog posts (on Reveries Co.), a lot of emails (to my writing email list), and a lot of random outings.
- (My friends and I have taken to lingering in parking lots rather than at Dairy Queen. We’re thinking about forming a gang.)
- However, I did work hard on a project with my friend, so that was new. We’re writing a series together – which I can’t wait to share with you!
SUMMER 2020 DARES
This summer is going to be packed for me and a few social obligations (haha), but I still hope to pack in quite a lot of work! So here we go:
20 dares for Summer 2020
- Publish Ivy Introspective & sell 20 copies by the end of the summer.
- Get At Her Fingertips and Beyond Her Calling ready for an editor.
- Finish the first draft of The Midwife’s Daughter.
- Launch the new writing course with Faith Blum and Zach Sollie.
- Set up welcome sequences for both email lists.
- Set up a freebie for the writing email list (brief course).
- Organize my street team.
- Put together a Facebook group based on Katie Phillips’s suggestions.
- Organize at least one if not two online events for authors in my genre.
- Put together a writing, launching, & marketing plan for Her Lord’s Book Club.
- Read at least ten books.
- Catch up on reviews, particularly on my blog.
- Spend more time encouraging and supporting other indie authors.
- Consistently post on my personal blog.
- Consistently post on Reveries Co.’s Instagram and blog.
- Sketch out 5-year and 10-year plans. Figure out long term goals.
- Hold a birthday scavenger hunt at my house & invite my friends.
- Learn to drive stick shift somewhat comfortably.
- Cuddle lots of puppies.
- Stay sane but not too sane.
There we go! 20 goals for summer 2020!
How was your May? Are you excited for summer? Any big plans?
Want to keep getting amazing posts in your inbox? Follow my blog on the sidebar!