Working in Busyness & Preparing for Launches (April 2023 Life & Writing Updates)
It’s been crazy over here. How ’bout over there?
Honestly, I’ve been meaning to do a life update for a while, but it’s hard to communicate clearly what all has been going on without whining, and further, the whining seems kind of silly because from an outside perspective, it does not sound like a lot.
That said, I decide it was a good time for a life & writing update, so let’s dive into that without any further ado!
I’ve been busy lately. My life has been swamped with work, writing, marketing, and more. It feels like I have been pushing myself harder and harder … with few results. And that’s exhausting.
But it’s also the way my life has often run.
I always blame it on outside issues. “It’s because of my work!” “It’s because of the season of life I’m in!” “It’s because too many people are asking too many things of me!” But in truth, I create my own stress.
I could sit here and list out all my responsibilities. I could talk about my weakened immune system, my mental health issues, or the grief of unexplained infertility. Yet there’s no real value in that save venting, and it’s better to vent in private to people who care about you, so I’ll instead talk about some of the ways I’ve been working on defeating some of my stress, procrastination, etc., in a segment we will call:
Current Tools for Defeating Kell-Ness
- My launch blueprint! For both Like a Ship on the Sea and Springtime in Surrey, this is vital for me. It helps me keep track of how I’m doing getting these two projects prepped for launch, which I really don’t want to miss in the rush. If you’re on my writing email list, you know all about this one. You can actually sign up now to get it sent to your inbox, if you want it!
- Seeking out mentorship and prayer. I’ve started doing this more and more lately, because honestly, I need it. There are some amazing women who have been pouring their times, thoughts, and prayers into me lately, and I couldn’t be more grateful. I like to go it alone … but I can’t. I desperately need help, and admitting that may be the first step, but it’s nothing with action.
- Telling God what-for (sort of). Okay, this is gonna be a more confusing one, but I’ve been a lot more … ahem … honest with God lately. I’ve been pouring out to Him my broken heartedness and angst and begging Him to just make it a little easier, somehow. And He has. In my honesty about the rebellion and anger toward decisions He’s apparently made (with no understanding of WHY those decisions were made on my part!), I have received comfort. And that’s interesting to me and rather unexpected. But there ’tis.
Updates on Wild Blue Wonder Press
- See the cover reveal announcement for Springtime in Surrey below.
- My own story is currently with betas! Yay!
- The other stories are coming along SPLENDIDLY.
- It’s going to be a THICK book. Like, really thicccc.
- We’re planning our launch, and it’s been fantastic!
- I am insanely busy.
Updates on Like a Ship on the Sea
- See the cover reveal announcement for Like a Ship on the Sea below.
- I should get a draft back from my editor in mid-May-ish? I’m not sure exactly when, but I’m excited for that. Can hardly wait!
- The cover reveal stuff is all mostly set up, too.
- Still working on getting the preorder launch (and preorder goodies) lined up.
- Patrick and Cassie are OTP.
- I have been posting about this story a lot on Instagram and Facebook if you want to know more!
Join the cover reveal for Kellyn Roth’s next standalone novel, Like a Ship on the Sea, a Christian historical romance set in Gilded-Era England and America (with stops in Ireland, Italy, and Switzerland).
The cover reveal and preorder launch will take place on Tuesday, May 9th, 2023. You are more than welcome to share any time after that, if it is not possible for you to share the day of!
About the Book
If God asks you to confront a storm, how dare you stay in the harbor?
Lady Mary Cassidy O’Connell has a dream that can be summed up in three connecting ideas: a loving husband, adorable children, and a home of her own. Her mother’s lack of care makes life difficult for Cassie, and an escape is necessary. The plan? Marry Aubrey Montgomery, the man her parents have chosen for her, and find the peace she craves.
Unfortunately, Cassie is uneasy about marrying Aubrey. Her apprehension grows as she witnesses her dearest friend’s loving marriage take place. At this wedding, she catches the eye of Patrick Hilton, son of a wealthy American. Like Cassie, he’s also set to marry a woman chosen by his parents—only, Patrick claims, he is content with this choice.
Torn between her desire for happiness and the knowledge that God is leading her in a different direction, Cassie confronts the impossible decision. Is a loveless marriage of obligation better than being alone, or will she set sail on a voyage without a safe harbor?
Like a Ship on the Sea is the first novel in The Hilton Legacy, a stand-alone trilogy featuring characters from the author’s first series, The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy.
Or copy/paste this link into your browser: https://forms.gle/Knxox25L7UUm53j2A
Join the cover reveal for the Wild Blue Wonder Press’s first-ever anthology, Springtime in Surrey, a Christian historical and contemporary fiction anthology.
The cover reveal and preorder launch will take place on Tuesday, May 30th, 2023. You are more than welcome to share any time after that, if it is not possible for you to share the day of!
Or copy/paste this link into your browser: https://forms.gle/o7R2mFVhESif1or17
Are you joining the cover reveals? How’s your life been?
Are you interested in getting to know me & my books better?
I want to invite you to my super secret club. I mean, it’s not really a secret, because I’m telling you about it now, but here goes.
Join Mrs. Roth’s Society Column, my street team! We’d love to have you along for the ride!