Okay, first of all, IT’S MY BIRTHDAY OMG I’M FIFTEEN I CAN DRIVE AAAAAAH THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING TO MEEEEE THIS IS JUUUUUST A DREEEEEAAAAM!!!!
Anyway, in celebration, I invite you to … buy a copy of The Dressmaker’s Secret. On Amazon, Createspace, or Barnes&Nobles.
What? I’m totally just kidding …
Seriously, though … today I’m just going to ramble a ton, so bear with me. It’s my birthday. I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT!!!!
Ok, the first subject is blog tags. I … usually don’t remember to do them. If you tagged me years and years ago (or, you know, just yesterday) and I’ve yet to do the post, please comment! I’ve almost definitely forgotten! XD
Anyway, I should do some. Today. Now. That’s right! I can do whatever I want ’cause it’s my birthdaaaaaaaay!!!!
A while back (well, late July), Poppy at Poppy’s Best of Books tagged me for the “New York Times by the Book” tag. *steal her graphic*
That’s right. IT’S MY BIRTHDAY AND I DON’T HAVE TO MAKE MY OWN!!!
and because it’s my birthday, I choose to respond only with covers! *evil laughter*
What book is on your nightstand right now?
What was the last truly great book you read [edit: or are currently reading]?
I reserve the right to change the questions, too. 😉
If you could meet one author (living or dead) who would it be? What would you ask?
(in other words: WHY DIDN’T YOU STRIKE YOUR DAUGHTER DOWN BEFORE YOU LET HER RUIN MY FRECKLES!?!?!?!)
What books might we be surprised to see on your shelf?
How do you organise your personal library?
What book have you always meant to read but haven’t gotten round to yet?
just the first one I remembered out of the hundreds …
Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn’t?
What kind of stories are you drawn to?
If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?
because he could do a better job …
What do you plan to read next?
in other words, how should I know?
Anyway, thanks for nominating me, Poppy! I enjoying doing it! 😀
I NOMINATE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE NOMINATED!!! Basically, if you’re reading this and you have a blog, you’re nominated. Do it! NOW! GO DO IT!!! And don’t forget to let me know so I can go check it out. 🙂
What do I have to do? Well, to quote Selene:
All of you must write a blog post containing a (at least) 300 word blob about your favorite thing/book/person in the world.
Ok, totally doable! 🙂
My Favorite Thing/Book/Person in the WORLD:
There’s something about gummy worms that sets them apart from all other candy. Now, some of you may say, ‘P’shaw! Gummy worms are nothing more than glorified gummy bears!’ WHO ARE YOU!?!? WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!?! I MUST END YOUR LIFE YOU DON’T DESERVE TO LIVE!!!
The comparison of gummy worms to gummy bears is like comparing … comparing Keira Knightley to the rest of the world!
YOU JUST CAN’T DO THAT!!!
What’s wrong with y’all? Gummy worms rock.
Ok, first of all, they’re tasty. They just … taste really good.
Second, they are just the right kind of chewy. They don’t break off your teeth or anything like that, but they don’t melt in your mouth either. When your put a gummy worm in your mouth, you’re all like, “EEW!!!” and then you’re like, “AAAH!!!” That should be their slogan. Because they feel so weird until you … shift them around in your mouth so they don’t feel quite so weird.
If you’re one of those weird people who don’t believe my good word, try one out for yourself! Go down to your local almost-any-store and pick out a package! You might not want to go for sour on your first rodeo (er, gummy-worm-eo), but that’s up to you. YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE THAT SOUR??? WELL, I DON’T BUT YOU CAN TRY!!!
What? Still not 300? But I’ve reached maximum silliness!!! YOU CAN PUT A WORD COUNT METER TO ART, MA PEOPLES!
Moving on. Put that gummy worm in your mouth and chew … chew … chew … and let the sweet taste of gummy worms envelope your being! Wow, I am really hungry all of the sudden! And I just ate! Eesh.
So, guys, get yourself a gummy worm and save the world, ‘cause I ain’t! WORD!
300 words exactly. XD No, I’m not trying to win … if I was trying to win, I would have been funny.
And therefore wrecked my chances entirely …
Now that I’ve done that, um … there were other people who tagged me, I know. I just … can’t remember any of them. XD
Well, how about some random facts about me? Not a certain number, just as many as I can think of. So.
Quick note: I came back up her after I finished with the ‘facts’ to let you know that …
- I’m sayin’ some pretty controversial things here (like suggesting Captain Widow! Or … Black America (what, a little racist?). Capblackamericawidow? Capwidow?), and
- Most of them have nothing to do with me. XD
Moving on …
- I’m in love cheez-its. Yep. I’m in love with a lot of things … 😉
- I NEED A PUPPY!!! Will someone tell my parents this? They don’t seem to understand …
- Guys. I think you can help falling in love. It’s totally a choice! So shut up.
- However, love is an open doooooooor!!!
- Ignore that last one. It came from my emotion.
- Yes, I only have one emotion. Other people have ’emotions.’ I don’t. Emotion. Singular.
- You’re not finding out what that emotion is. 😛
- I’m thinking about writing a short story about Mr. and Mrs. Knight
(TDS Mr. and Mrs. Knight)before they were married. Your thoughts? It would be called ‘God Love a Yankee.’
- Please don’t comment on the title. It’s a WIP. XD
- Also came up with a very short one about Nettie. Set around 1864-ish. Would contain spoilers for TDS. Calling it ‘A Ring Across An Ocean.’
- Maverick is an awesome movie.
- Captain America and the Black Widow were meant for each other. I’m sorry. They just are. I don’t care what you say.
- Life ain’t always what you think it oughta be.
- Yes, I am just making random statements now.
- *whistles tune of If I Die Young*
- So, I have four nieces and two nephews. They’re pretty cool. *nods* Judy (from TLOTV) actually takes after one of them.
- I’m going to finish editing TLOTV by the 20th. I could use your input, if you’re interested in beta-reading. 🙂
- Oh, and I also need people to sign-up for the blog tour still!
- And … after midnight today, the cover contest will be ending, and I’ll have to choose. *sigh* I think I’m gonna have to call in outside help. 😛
- Are y’all very attached to Ivy Introspective? Because … it needs to be trashed. XD
- I admit that this is just one of my bad writing days. I’m sure I’ll feel better about good ol’ IvIn tomorrow. 🙂 [Quick note: I’m feeling much better about it now, so …]
- Furthermore, how does one write about an autistic child? Could Ivy even be autistic, based on the little I wrote about her in TDS? WHY DO I CONSTANTLY BURY MYSELF IN SUBJECTS I DON’T UNDERSTAND?!?!?!
- Oh, and sorry for the hectic posting, guys. We’ll get into a regular schedule soon, I promise. 🙂
- Anyway, um … I LIKE CHEESE!!!
- We’re thinking about getting a puppy. That’s right. Another dog.
That’s about all I can think of now.
p.s. Actually having a pretty sucky birthday up to this moment. Nothing I wanted to do today is actually happening. It’s boring and I can’t think what to do and my mom thought we had my birth certificate but we don’t, so I can’t take my written driving test. Which was one of the things I’ve been planning since I was, like, six, to take the written driving test and get my learner’s permit the moment I could. I can’t believe my mom didn’t check and make sure … it’s so weird. She usually gets everything all set up. And now I feel like a failed 15-year-old. It seems like all those dreams I’ve been having about those awful birthday parties (yep … I’ve been having recurring dreams about my birthday party being an epic fail) are coming true. But it’s only 1:30 and maybe the day will get better. Sorry for the rant. XD