April 2018 Dares
I don’t want March to be over yet. *sniffles* April is going to be super busy, and March was slightly more restful than months past (what with our spring break, having most of this week off work due to the school’s spring break, and now Easter).
On the other hand … I’m excited for April! With Camp NaNo and publishing At Her Fingertips (SQUEEEEEE!), it’s going to be packed full … but I’m going to survive! Somehow! Magically!
Now, because I can’t resist telling you one more time, the signups for the At Her Fingertips blog tour are now open! If you have a blog and would like to help me out, click here and sign up!
March 2018 Dares
- Read five review copies. Failed.
- I read four.
- I am surprised at how close I was!
- Read two nonfiction books on WW2. Kinda.
- I mean, we’re studying WW2 in school right now, so yes …
- I read like ten nonfiction books about WW2.
- But they weren’t the ones I wanted to read. 😉
- Finish your book research on the Wyam. Kinda.
- Eh, pretty much …
- I still need to interview museum staff, but y’know.
- That’s a lot of work. Would take, oh, one afternoon. 😛
Reading Stats for March
Read: 10 books
Classics: 3 (The Great Gatsby, No Promises in the Wind, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry)
Historical Fiction: 4 (The Weaver’s Daughter, A Love to Come Home To, Winning Miss Winthrop, The Innkeeper’s Daughter)
Nonfiction: ~2 (Escape from Warsaw – based on a true story – and Economics in 1 Lesson)
Contemporary: Bound by Victoria Lynn
Favorite Book of the Month: A Love to Come Home To
Least Favorite Book of the Month: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
Most Anticipated: The Great Gatsby
Least Anticipated: Economics in 1 Lesson (school book, haha … not sure why I even added it to Goodreads, but I did, so … yep)
- Write a little of Alice Unanswered every day. Failed.
- I didn’t even think I was going to do this …
- Outline Water on the Rocks. Check!
- I’m not a complete failure!
- Not to say I’m done outlining, but that I got that magical all-the-way-through summary.
- Rewrite the ending of Beyond Her Calling. Failed.
- Eh … I rewrote part of it?
- At least I know the direction I’m going in now.
Writing Stats for March
At Her Fingertips
Abigayle Claire finished her edits, I put them in, and now I’m formatting!
Beyond Her Calling
Read through and edited the first five-ish chapters, deleted the old ending and started writing the new one.
I’m up to 33,066 words!
Water on the Rocks
OUTLINING!!! Also, decided that Zion is flying a B-26 – the “Widow-Maker” (and other epithets that I don’t dare to repeat here *coughs*).
- Blog regularly and with at least some quality. Kinda?
- I don’t know, I was closer than I have been in the past!
- Look into switching to WordPress.org. Check!
- What? I “looked into it.”
- Figure out a theme that you can keep all year round. Check!
- READ. THE. BIBLE. Failed.
- I am bad a Christianing.
- Spend time with some friends. Check!
- Bailey and I went to a graveyard and made fun of dead people’s names!
- I mean, until we found a baby’s grave, and then we were very serious.
- Go to sleep at night sometime. Check?
- Once or twice, anyway …
Stuff That’s Happened in March
Went to “sunny” Cali!
- Wrote a whole blog post about it.
- I’m told it’s funny. Check it out.
My little brother’s birthday.
- It’s actually today!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNSHINE!!!
- (and happy birthday to my little niece, Holly, too!)
Cover Reveal for At Her Fingertips!
- Welllll … I’m graduating this year!
- And we’re planning a graduation event thingy for me and my other Class of ’18 peeps!
- (So far it’s just been a pain, but I look to the future.)
Last Days of Jesus.
- Just taking a moment to proud of my hometown for hosting a big public play to celebrate the last days of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on earth.
- The crucifixion was yesterday. The sound system wasn’t as bad as it was last year!
- Although at one point “Jesus” forgot to turn off his headset after he went into the courthouse, so we heard an audible, “Where’s the crown?”
- It wouldn’t be the Last Days without little goof-ups like that …
April 2018 Dares
- Cut back on reading as much as you can.
- I know … this isn’t a reading goal!
- It’s more like an anti-reading goal!
- But you know what? Reading is time-consuming!
- Yeah, that’s my only argument …
- Focus on WW2 research.
- Water on the Rocks is coming your way!
- You know … someday …
- Publish At Her Fingertips.
- THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AMAZING AND HUGE AAAAAH!!!
- I have plans for a giveaway with first, second, and third prizes as well as minor prizes.
- I’m going to be suffering from the budget-breakers for years to come.
- Write 10K of Once a Stratton.
- It’s going to be a challenge, but I’m going to do my very best.
- Host a blog tour.
- This is legit all I can do this month.
- Between one thing and another, I need to let myself do less.
- That’s basically all there is to it …
- Read the Bible.
- I need to if I’m going to keep my head above water this month anyway …
- Try to chillax. At least a bit.
- This is going to be the hardest goal ever.
- (Someone telling me I’m going to be all right???)
Why so minimalistic?
To be honest, I am super stressed-out right now. Just about everything. Always worrying, never at rest, never content.
I’m also really disappointed in myself 99% of the time. I wouldn’t say I have low self-esteem, but that I have a high opinion of myself and therefore am always disappointed.
I feel unwanted and unneeded a lot of the time. I feel like I’ve been fighting an uphill battle with no ground made. I just don’t have a desire to fight anymore.
Soooo … I’m trying to give myself less to do and see if that works? Who knows.
Well, I’ll see you Wednesday! Thanks for reading and have a great Easter!
(Also, I take issue with this whole ‘Resurrection Day’ thing? Like, c’mon, sisters and brothers! That just puts the holiday on an unapproachable level for non-Christians and furthers the gap!) (And it’s too hard to say!)
(Also, I don’t understand why anyone can not celebrate Christmas and have a clean conscience! How do you live with yourself?)
(I’ll hate myself in the morning but this needs to be said.)
(Okay, it’s eleven, and I need to schedule this now. My brain is dead.)
What happened in March with you? Tell me about it! What are your goals for April? Are you participating in Camp NaNo? Are you excited for At Her Fingertips?!