In today’s blog post, I’ll be talking about my top 2 minor characters in Beyond Her Calling as well as the McAllens, who come as a group!
My Favorite Things About Aunt Daphne
- Her random gardening.
- Her excellent advice on all matters, even if at times she can be a little abrupt in her mannerisms.
- How she seems to always know when someone is upset even though she’s pretty practical herself – she basically goes, “C’mere!” whenever she sees someone suffering.
- Her honesty about her past and the ways she’s grown as a person.
- Her past relationship with Roger and how she talks about him. <3 <3 <3
- Her telling Ivy and Violet they aren’t allowed to be English roses. 😛 Finally.
My Favorite Things About Ena Owen
- Again, her practicality.
- Her openness to new relationships despite the fact that she’s been kicked when she’s down quite a few times.
- Her perseverance. Always, her perseverance.
- The way she parents Bridget in such a no-nonsense way.
- The whole scene where she was in labor was fun … even though I didn’t run it past anyone so now I’m nervous. 😛
- Her bookish nature is fun to write, too! And it’s nice to write a bookworm who isn’t dreamy.
My Favorite Things About the McAllens
- Mr. and Mrs. McAllen clearly are caring parents who put a lot of energy into raising their children.
- THE FARM STUFF. YUS.
- I love how abrupt Edith is, even though it’s a little abrasive. You can tell she really loves and is loyal to her family even so.
- SHEEP. And Bean.
- Ben is our stoic king. Yet wise. So wise. Writing his story is going to be so great!
- Mick is fun, and a little like Jordy, and as the third son … yeah, he’s gonna have to show who is he is as a person sooner or later, which will also be fun to write!
- Then there’s Liam and Tommy who don’t have a lot going on in this book – though they’re still sweet.
- I just love their joking, energetic nature. We can definitely tell where Jordy got it!
About the Book
Ivy Knight feels that her life may never start. Though her loving family assures her that her place in the world is close to home, she still feels a push to move out of her comfort zone. Hoping against hope, she travels to her old friends at McCale House, seeking a purpose.
Jordy McAllen has just returned to Scotland after his education in London. He fears that what everyone has always said about him may be true: he can’t be a good doctor, let alone a good man. Determined to prove himself, Jordy snatches up the opportunity to become the doctor in the village of Keefmore near his parents’ farm.
When an old friend decides to travel to Keefmore and visit a relative, Ivy follows. She soon finds herself drawn to Jordy, but as their attraction grows, they both face doubts. A relationship between the two of them feels improbable—and might just require a step of impossible faith.
Saturday, January 22nd
Sunday, January 23rd
Monday, January 24th
7 — [NOTE: as this post did not go up, please refer directly to the next post in the tour.]
Tuesday, January 25th
8 — “Handling Tough Topics with Respect to Historical Accuracy” — Guest Post Written for Michaela Bush @ Tangled Up in Writing
Wednesday, January 26th
Thursday, January 27th
Friday, January 28th
Saturday, January 29th
17 — [NOTE: as this post did not go up, please refer directly to the next post in the tour.]
Monday, January 31st
Wrapup Post by Kellyn Roth @ Lilacs and Reveries
Head over to my Instagram account to enter!
This blog tour hosts two giveaways! The first is as-usual – a simple blog tour giveaway!
- Beyond Her Calling in paperback
- The first three novels in Audible (audiobook) format
- A painted ornament by Painted Prose Designs
- Tea (!)
The scavenger hunt!
- $25 Amazon Gift Card
- The first four novels in The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy in paperback
- Bookish socks
How to Hunt
- Begin at Stop #1 and continue on to the final post. At the end of each post, you’ll find a CLUE and a LINK to the next stop. Progress to each stop in order.
- Collect all the clues and submit the full phrase at the last blog stop via the linked form to enter the giveaway. (This will be on my blog.)
- While you’re at each stop, be sure to comment, as each comment wins you another entry.
- Deadline for entries is Monday, January 31st, at 10 AM Pacific Standard Time.
The clue for this stop
TRAIN – CLICK TO VISIT THE NEXT BLOG
Do you like the minor characters in my books? What books had their show stolen by minor characters?